What is a Virtual AdventureRun
HOW DOES A VIRTUAL ADVENTURERUN WORK?
In times like these it is very important to stay positive and active to allow you to stay healthy. Unfortunately, at the moment it is not possible to go and enjoy your favourite activity at your local AdventureRun events, but we want to help you to stay healthy and to continue working on your healthy habits. We have launched Virtual AdventureRun that will give an opportunity to exercise.
Entries are open on www.adventurerun.co.za.
All our Virtual AdventureRuns are pet friendly!
Visit our Virtual AdventureRun Facebook page, and share you pictures and adventures with us.
What is a Virtual AdventureRun?
A Virtual AdventureRun is a race that can be run (or walked) from any location you choose. You can run, jog or walk on the road, on a trail, or on the treadmill. You get to run your own race, at your own pace, and time it yourself.
That's the kind of flexibility offered by our Virtual AdventureRuns. Runners who sign up for a Virtual AdventureRun register online and simply choose their own starting line, whether it's a treadmill or a neighbourhood street or your own favourite trail. You enter a predetermined distance on our entry portal and complete the distance at your preferred location, but within the indicated timeframe. Once have completed your virtual run and it has been recorded on a GPS device, you send the proof through to email@example.com before the cut-off time. The race date, time and distance will be officially recorded and can then be used for various entities like medical schemas, challenges, etc. All the results will be recorded on adventurerun.co.za
How does it work?
You will need to enter the Virtual AdventureRun via our online entry portal (www.adventurerun.co.za).
You can then run your own race on the following days and times:
* Wednesdays – between 05h00 and 20h00
* Saturday mornings – between 05h00 and 11h00
* Saturday sunset (every Saturday afternoon) – between 16h00 and 20h00
* Sunday mornings – between 05h00 and 11h00
When you have completed your run, you will need to send us your race results from your GPS fitness tracker to qualify. This can either be from, for example your Fitbit and Garmin app or even Strava.
You will need to email your race results to: firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than the following times to quality as taken part in the race:
* Wednesday nights – at 20h00
* Saturday mornings – at 11h00
* Saturday sunset (every Saturday afternoon) – at 20h00
* Sunday morning – at 11h00
Your race results will then be emailed to you and the results will be available on our website as well.
The winning names and times for each distance will also be announced on the Virtual AdventurRun Facebook page. There might even be some prizes / vouchers up for grabs.
What does it cost?
* The cost for a Virtual AdventureRun is R40 online for any distance.
* Once you have completed your Virtual AdventureRun for the distance for which you entered, you will receive a Virtual Medal, which will be in the form of a Discount Voucher for R10 off your next Virtual Race.
* You will also have the option to enter the Virtual AdventureRun for the predetermined distance, for which you can select to receive a physical medal. The cost for this race will be R50 and you will be able to collect your medal(s) at a physical races taking place thereafter. It can also be sent to you via normal post (free) or courier (for your own cost).
* If you have completed 20 Virtual AdventureRun races, you will qualify to purchase a personalised Virtual AdventureRun T-shirt at a cost of R150.